Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal services with IPsec

Hello,

I would like to ask for help. I have windows 2003 terminal server for 20 users and I would like to use IPsec. I found link on MS web where is step by step manual. But it doesnt work. Can any body help me?

MS web link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816521

I have a problem, with Enable IPSec Policy. step 12. When I assign this policy noone can connect.

So i continueD with "How to Make Sure That Clients Respond to the Terminal Server's Requests for Security"

When I have assigned Client (respond only) everithing is working good, but Assigning of IPsec policy is losted.

How can I check if communication is with IPsec?
    Last edited by caspi; 21st January 2007, 22:55.
    Thanks

Caspi

Re: terminal services with IPsec

What are your users using? XP? ThinCLients?
    I hate to do this, but have to ask: why in the name of God do you need IPSec for?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

users are using XP
      Thanks

Caspi

Comment

It might be a problem of keys interchange between the server and the stations.
        Is the IPSec Security service running on these stations?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Is IPSec implementation mandatory or you just want to increase the security of terminal sessions?
          Even if IPSec is very powerful and flexible, terminal services doesn't need it.
          There is 4 built in encryption levels (low, client compatible, high and FIPS compliant) dedicated to protect RDP connections. The default is client compatible and it is enough in most situation.
          If you want more, think about TLS. It is available in Windows 2003 sp1.
          http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

Answering to you question ,to check if a communication is protected by IPSec open IP Security Monitor. This snap in is built in Windows XP and 2003.
          Regards,
          Csaba Papp
          MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
          Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Hi, Csaba.
            Not to talk about the resources it takes to encrypt and decrypt all packets, on both machines.
            Good to see you back.
            And congratulations for being part of Europe. Sa fie intr-un ceas bun !!

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
            X