6850 Server Imaging !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6850 Server Imaging !!!

Can anybody please help out, How to image the DELL 6850 server with Symantec GHOST 6.0 or 7.5. We can map the necessary drives for imaging it to, but GHOST can't see any local drives at all. I've 4 conventional 73Gb of scsi drives.
    Is there any other freeware that we can try to image this type of server. I can image Dell 6650 easily with Symantec Ghost software but no luck with Dell 6850 so far.

Re: 6850 Server Imaging !!!

I presume you will need a boot disk with SCSI or RAID drivers then use the DOS Ghost Client

You could also investigate something like BartPE which (IIRC from other posts) either includes SCSI/RAID drivers or can be modified to include them

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes you will need the PD-DOS drivers for the RAID controller. I'm presuming you are using a PERC card ?

Which one ?

Topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Eazad, could you please not bold you whole post. Makes it a bit hard to read. Thanks, appreciate it.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We never had any problem with any other server (Dell 2550, 2650, 2850, 6650). They all have scsi adapters in them.

Yes we are using Perc 5/i Perc 5/E adapter.

Can anybody please explain step by step, how to create a SCSI drivers boot disk?

Thanks
          Last edited by eazad; 18th January 2007, 20:28.

Comment

Working...
          X