Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search folder access permission for a group on windows 2003 server

I need help...............
    if we have the folder name we can find out what are the security on the folder - I need the opposite of this...
    i need to find out all the folders that a group has permissions on

Re: search folder access permission for a group on windows 2003 server

From a CMD box, you can try something like this:

cd /D <desired starting point>

dir /a:d /s /b > c:\temp\dirlist.txt

for /F "tokens=*" %f in (c:\temp\dirlist.txt) do xcacls "%f" >> c:\temp\diracls.txt
    Then edit and search diracls.txt

XCACLS comes on the W2K3 and WXP CD's in Support Tools. Also in the W2K Resource Kit and ...

If you wish to make a CMD file out of this, use %%f in place of %f. Also, clear out diracls.txt at the front of each run (echo. > c:\temp\diracls.txt or equiv.).

And if you make a CMD file, you could change the FOR command to:

for /F "tokens=*" %f in (c:\temp\dirlist.txt) do (
    xcacls "%f" | Find /I "Domain\Group:" > nul
    if not errorlevel 1 echo %f
    )
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Re: search folder access permission for a group on windows 2003 server

You can also check Heyna. Great tool, with a lot of options. Not free, it's $199 for the Standard edition. The Enterprise is $269 (it contains support for Terminal Server user properties, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 Server mailbox integration, and WMI integration).
      You have 30-days evaluation available, with all the options operational.
      This is not a sales trick. I am not trying to sell anything to you, just to make you aware of a great product.
      Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X