Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Services for Unix installation issue

Hello,
    I try to install Windows Services for Unix ver. 3.5 on a Windows 2000 sp.4 Domain Controller. During the installation I got an error message related to nisprop.dll registration. I ignored this message and the installation finished.
    the only issue is that the Group UNIX attributes tab is not displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers.
    The user's UNIX attributes is OK.
    I tried to register this dll using regsvr32 %SFUDIR%\common\nisprop.dll command but no success.
    the error message is the same.
    I performed the installation on several other domain member servers or domain controllers. No success.
    It seems that there is an Active Directory issue.
    I found a discussion on a microsoft forum (http://www.microsoft.atat.at/communi...b127d094db&p=1) but it is not concret and relible.
    Any advise is welcomed.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Re: Windows Services for Unix installation issue

Helpfully it is done
    Based on the guidance provided by Andy on http://www.microsoft.atat.at/communi...b127d094db&p=1, a missed attribute caused the tab to not be displayed in AD users and computers.
    Actually, a low level permission issue blocked the nisprop.dll registration and we had to add the key manually.
    The exact value of the key is {9a899a50-f96b-11d2-ac78-0008c7726cf7}.
    See my captures for more details.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by netxt; 9th January 2007, 10:27.
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Re: Windows Services for Unix installation issue

Nice job!!! I bet that took a few litres of blood to find. Very impressive Csaba.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X