NTVDM error on win server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTVDM error on win server 2003

I receive NTVDM hard error whenever i try to install a s/w on win 2003 server.Any ideas?

Re: NTVDM error on win server 2003

I have an idea; post some more information about your problem (when it occurs, what the error message is, where you see it, if there are any events in the system event log, whether Windows Installer logging shows anything, whether anything else is running, what operating system you're using, what you're trying to install....

If you don't do this, you may find yourself pondering the forum rules during a two week ban.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
      forum rules
      http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=25

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

oops.... **BLUSH**

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

Error: NTVDM.exe - System Error.NTVDM encountered a hard error.[close/Ignore]
          Situation: When trying to install s/w.S/w tries to access SQL server 2000. NTVDM error occurs, build fails.Java returns nullpointer exception.
          Network: connected to network.Have admin rights. No network setup issues.No firewall restrictions.
          Event viewer>Application: Error 602. Source: MSSQLSERVER
          Error description: Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 15,object ID 1,index ID 1.
          H/W: No hardware restrictions known.

Again....any ideas?

Comment

Still missing info!! Is SP1 installed on 2003 Server? What SPs are installed on SQL?????????????

Again.......More info needed!! And one liners won't do the trick. You want help, provide the info.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What is the APP you're trying to install?!?!

Tom

Comment

And you mentioned accessing SQL Server 2000. Much more info required on what's going on.

THINK: If someone posted what you have thus far and your were capable of helping, could you given the lack of info.

We are capable and we can't figure out how to help you because you have only given us a small part of the story.
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Service Packs:
                  Win server 2003 sp1
                  MS SQL Server 2000 sp4
                  The application attempts to create a database table in SQL server. But the mentioned error occurs and the build fails.

Comment

Looks like an application error to me, quite possibly it isn't connecting to SQL Server as a priv'd user or it isn't pointing to the correct database or ???

I take it from the error messages this is a java app? A 16 bit java app???

Have you tried running the relevant bits from a SQL Query Analyzer (isqlw) window?

Have you tried running SP_WHO from a SQL Query Analyzer while your app is running to see if you can find the loginname and dbname your app is using?
                    Cheers,

Rick

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

running query analyser :

use <databsename>
                      exec sp_who 'loginname'
                      returns:
                      correct loginame and databse

My application managed to create the tables but I wonder, how come I cant see the application name in the Profiler as the tables are created?
                      The application is a 16-bit java application.

Comment

Moderator(s): This thread should really be moved elsewhere as it is not a server issue. It's a programming / SQL Server one.

Mwagz:

Don't know what to tell you on this other than it's time to start debugging.

Regarding seeing the app name in a SQL Profiler Trace, could be the app name isn't coming over from that 16 bit java app?

Regarding your loginname, is it highly privileged? May want to try that (use "sa" or equiv as a test) and see if the prob goes away then work backwards to see what priv you need to add to the account.

Otherwise, let's get back to the guts of the original error:

Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 15,object ID 1,index ID 1
                        Don't know if you're hitting that table directly or what your where clause is but could it be a singleton select that is returning no rows (and thus the error)?

And please don't post the guts of your app.
                        Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X