SNMP agent; service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNMP agent; service

i am in the process of configuring a solar winds SNMP monitoring server. i am going thru and setting up the trap/strings and everything is going well...

out of the 50 servers here, a handful dont have the SNMP service or agent listed in the comp mang>services page.

so the question: where is this service? i have the resource tool kit installed on the servers in question, but i dont see this service listed. is it in the admin pak? i tried to install this on one of my win2003sp1 servers and it says that the admin pak can only be installed on win2003sp1.. WTF? it is 2003 AND sp1. whats that all about?

i looked in the network settings, but its not listed as an installable service or protocol... where do i go to get this installed w/o imploying a third party tool for SNMP monitoring? it is on my exchange servers and my DC's, but i have failed to find this service on about 12 of them.

what am i missing?

thanks.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: SNMP agent; service

In W2K3 and WXP (I bet it's the same / similar in W2K Server):

Control Panel\Add or Remove Programs\Add/Remove Windows Components\Management and Monitoring Tools\Details\Simple Network Management Protocol
    Last edited by rvalstar; 2nd January 2007, 19:06.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

you rock.

that's top notch service.

(i shoulda know that... )

thanks again!
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Glad to be of service.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X