Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Restore a DC & Member server if the Tape Unit is Out of the Server

Hi,

I am having doubts how to recover DC & Member servers from my daily backup if my tape unit is "out of the box". I have 4 servers (A, B, C, D), where in A server has a tape unit attached. If my C server crash, I like to know the recovery process could be install the Operating system first, insert it to a domain in order to make a full restore from the server A, but if I insert a server C to a domain , the system will notice that in the DNS hat server already exist !! I have a lot combination in my mind that I can use but in all I have doubts. If I install a tape unit to a C server and make a full restore, what happening when the old structure will be establish and erase my backup software that I installed in that server, Server B and D are in other sites far away of my office where I backing up from an A server what do you think could be a best way to recover a servers from a tape unit if the server unit is not attached to them?

Re: How to Restore a DC & Member server if the Tape Unit is Out of the Server

You dont need to join to the domain, just access domain resources as a member server
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How to Restore a DC & Member server if the Tape Unit is Out of the Server

Hi, Thanks for your quick response.

I do not understand when you said " do not need to join to the domain" if for prepare a server as a member server I need to join it to the domain. Sorry for my confusion. Please Advice.

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
      X