Command line shares + user groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line shares + user groups

Hi, I'd like to know if it possible to create a share using CLI and then set read/write permissions for groups. I know it is possible to do this for individual users but I need to do it for groups. If anyone knows how I can do this, please reply.
    thanks

Re: Command line shares + user groups

Have you looked at "NET SHARE" and XCACLS? XCACLS works for groups.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I tried that already, NET Share creates the share and gives it read permission to the everyone group. In my experience of XCALCS it can only be used with NTFS ACL permissions. Does anyone know if the default share permission can be set to give everyone full permission by default and then I could lock things down with XCALCS?

Comment

On WXP "NET SHARE" gives Everyone Full permissions. On W2K3, you need to add the "/GRANT:everyone,full" clause. Do try "NET HELP SHARE"
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X