• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quota Doesn't Work

I have done preparation of quota disk space in 2003 but it doesn't work
    please help me

Re: Quota Doesn't Work

What "preparation" steps did you take? Posting one liners like that is not going to get you much help unless you provide more information of what you have done.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Remember two steps:
      Enable quotas on the volume (and set default actions)
      Configure user quotas
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Remember two steps:
        Enable quotas on the volume (and set default actions)
        Configure user quotas
        Thanks for your responding
        I already enable quota on the volume and set the users quota in the quota entries and I was selected on ( deny disk space to users exceeding quota limit) but it doesn't work
        in more details
        the scenario. that I own a domain server and I use this server as a backup server to all users in my company and I made share folder for all users in drive (D) for example one folder to Mohamed and another folder to Ahmed and so on. and I want to set quota to all of those users and do not exceeding their quota.
        Thanks for your patient.
        Last edited by AHMED KHALAF; 21st December 2006, 14:55.

Comment

Try creating a test account, enabling quotas and copying files into it to see if event log messages are being generated.

You want to post screenshots of your settings so we can see if anythings wrong?

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for all
            It's working now

Comment

Originally posted by AHMED KHALAF View Post
              Thanks for all
              It's working now
              Would you be so kind as to tell us what the problem was and what solution you found. That way someone else encountering the same problem can solve it much quicker

Thanks
              Tom
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Remember in Server 2003 R2 has two different sets of quotas. One is the Volume quota and it sets the total amount a user is allowed to store on a particular volume. This is installed by default.
                The second is configured after installing the FSRM from the additional Windows components and allows a per directory quota.
                IMO you should only use one OR the other to avoid conflicts.
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I found that I didn't mark on the log event when user exceeds their quota limit.
                  And marked on log event when user exceeds their warning level.
                  And mark on limit disk space to 1 GB, set warning level to 1GB
                  also I marked on enable quota management and deny disk space to users exceeding quota limit
                  that is all what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                    Remember in Server 2003 R2 has two different sets of quotas. One is the Volume quota and it sets the total amount a user is allowed to store on a particular volume. This is installed by default.
                    The second is configured after installing the FSRM from the additional Windows components and allows a per directory quota.
                    IMO you should only use one OR the other to avoid conflicts.
                    May you explain how to install (FSRM) ?

Comment

Isn't great. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X