NTBackup by file extension?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTBackup by file extension?

I have been trying to schedule a daily backup of only the files of a particular extension in one folder but cannot make it work. Selecting all of the files would work if no new files were ever added to the folder.

I have tried creating a scheduled backup of a particular file then editing the backup.bks file to change the file name to * .ext but apparently wild cards dont work in here.

How can I backup only the files of one particular extension?

Re: NTBackup by file extension?

Depending on the size of the backup job, how about a batch file that copies the files with the specific extension to a temp folder, NTbackup backs up the temp folder, then the temp folder gets deleted.
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

I think Robocopy would be a good option for the batch file method. The problem would be how to restore to the correct path if they are all copied to one directory.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Xcopy can preserve the directory structure, maybe RoboCopy can too?
        Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
          Xcopy can preserve the directory structure, maybe RoboCopy can too?
          Robocopy can do this. It can also keep the correct security settings when you use the correct switch.

Comment

Working...
          X