Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• share in win2003 domain

hello freiends.
    i have install win2003 with 1200 users but aftar create domain my users cannot share computers resource and sharing is hidden pls help me solve problem.

Re: share in win2003 domain

Originally posted by cisco007 View Post
    hello freiends.
    i have install win2003 with 1200 users but aftar create domain my users cannot share computers resource and sharing is hidden pls help me solve problem.
    What is the client operating system?
    How many servers / DCs etc

You need to create shares on your file servers and assign both share and NTFS permissions to your user groups

How much AD / Domain experience do you have? -- Review AGULP to see the correct way to assign permissions

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanx .
      my client are xp with sp2 i want clients can be do sharing, i create a folder on dc for home directory i wanot create a folder anyone write data input , i can any user can share home directory for others users .

Comment

Did you join the clients to the Domain?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

yes they are join to domain but they need access full on directory root for add permision to others users but i want they have access full on their home directory.

Comment

Have you changed the SHARE permission from Read Only to Full Control?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

yes i created a directory home for users and any user have a directory same family name input home with permision full but users can not permision to others users but for test i allow access full to directory home and users can add permision to others users but i not want users have permision full on directory home .

Comment

Working...
              X