Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't access shared folder on External HDD

Hi,

I have a problem with shared folder on a Server using Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP1 (please see the error in the attachment). This shared folder is on external hard drive which is attached to the Server via USB port. All shared folders in internal hard drive could be accessed without any problems.
    I searched and found some information related to Antivirus software but I have no Antivirus here.

Have you ever got it ? and what problem is it ?
    Attached Files
    Love in vain is better than love no one.

Re: Couldn't access shared folder on External HDD

I also found information about AV software but there is a KB article with a registry tweak as a fix. Did you try that yet?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;177078
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

It seems that the problem is not only caused by Antivirus software. It was solved in my situation although I had no Antivirus here. Thanks.
      Last edited by ahinson; 18th December 2006, 15:35. Reason: Made it readable.
      Love in vain is better than love no one.

Comment

Could you share the solution as it does not seem clear from this thread.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
          Could you share the solution as it does not seem clear from this thread.
          I believe the link I posted was the solution.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X