no network provider accepted the given path

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no network provider accepted the given path

This is the error message I get when trying to access xp machines from my server.

The topology is as follows:

Server (2003 domain controller) is on 192.168.1.X network, hosted in server farm.

XP machines 10.X.X.X office network.

I have an up and running IPSEC tunnel between the two networks. I can ping from each network, and I can view the net shares from the XP machines to the server, but not the other way around.

So to sum things up:
    From the server, if i try to access my XP machines (all of them) through FQDN OR through IP address (\\machinename OR \\IP) I get "no network provider accepted the given path".

Looks like anything that has to do with TCP is blocked. (because even trying to see the http printer host - is not possible)

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Visit iCount
    Visit MSEC
    Visit LCS-GUIDES.COM
    Visit Melariche

Re: no network provider accepted the given path

I had the same thing happen to me with two of my sites. Believe it or not it was just something in the comcast modem causing this issue. I turned every thing off for 1 min and turned it back on, reconnected the VPN and every thing worked like a charm.

Comment

Re: no network provider accepted the given path

I was posotive this was a windows related issue, but taking your advise, I tried what you said with but...luck.

That got me thinking, and i deleted all tunnel information from both routers. I then set up a dialer on the server machine, and enabled the PPTP server in the office router... and what do you know! it works!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... I guess I will have a good night's sleep after all...

Maybe tomorrow i will reset the routers and fix themmm for now - at least it works.

Thanks.
      Visit iCount
      Visit MSEC
      Visit LCS-GUIDES.COM
      Visit Melariche

Comment

Working...
      X