Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreamed CD for 2003 Server

Hi everyone.
    I managed to build a slipstreamed CD for 2003 Server and I want to share it with you. Here are the main issues:

- SP1 should be downloaded from Microsoft;
    - updates' list is in the attached file. Please see this as a recommendation. This list contains the updates on my servers, relevant to them. You should check the updates on your server: take a look in Control Panel -> Add Remove/Programs, check the Show Updates checkbox. The list also contains both critical and optional updates;
    - add-ons can be found here;
    - there is an excellent forum with a lot of stuff.
    - after the installation (that ended in 25 minutes (!) ), there were few more updates to install: IE7, WMP11 and two criticals: 890830 and 917275 (these are tools that cannot be slipstreamed as updates). As a matter of fact, not all the updates can be slipstreamed. nLite will let you know which one and will not insert it.
    - tip: if you ever want to search for an update by its KB#, you can use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=kb890830&DisplayLang=en . Just replace the KB number (emphasized here) with your own.

nLite homepage: http://www.nliteos.com/

Hope the info will help all of us save some time and headaches.
    Good luck to us all.
    Last edited by sorinso; 9th November 2007, 21:09.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -
    «««««

Re: Slipstreamed CD for 2003 Server

Or you can read Daniels easy to follow Slipstream article (with screenshots). http://www.petri.com/windows_2003_sp1_slipstreaming.htm
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

sorinso- never mind biggles77, he is new here, thanks for your contribution.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Hi, biggles.
        I wouldn't dare publishing something that Daniel wrote in the first place. I know that I cannot do it better than him.
        But the issue here is making a CD that contains the updates (as of October 2006) for Windows Server2003 and makes an unattended installation, using nLite.
        Do you think that changing the post's title will help in clarifying the issue?

As I said, I hope that someone will find this useful.
        Last edited by sorinso; 10th December 2006, 13:51.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -
        «««««

Comment

No, the title is fine. I was just adding to the information you had provided as Slipstreaming for the first time can be a bit daunting and Daniels article makes it a lot easier to do. I feel your post is aimed more at those who are comfortable with Slipstreaming and would like a more "advanced" option.

Your contribution and sharing your knowledge is appreciated and we thank you.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

10nx.
            I appreciate it.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
            -
            «««««

Comment

Working...
            X