This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing as soon as possible!!

My boss is a very busy man. He gets angry real quick. He said that he always has to wait for other usersí documents to be printed before his jobs are printed, and he wants his as soon as possible. What should I do?, my friend said that there are three possibilities, but he didnít say which is better.

I can point two printers to the same print device. I set different priorities for each printer. I ask my boss to send print documents to an exlusive high-priority printer.
    Or I can point two printers to the same print device. I configure identical priorities for each printer. I schedule one printer to operate during the day, and the other at night. I ask my boss to send documents to one printer, and I let other users use the other printer.
    Or I can create two printer pools with different priorities and I can point the pools to the same device. An my boss should send his print documents to the high-priority pool. And the other pool is for other users. These are quite difficult tasks to try, so could you give me an advice; Is my friend right? And if he is; which is the best way towards the as soon as possible ( hurry!! Where's my documents??!! ) ?

Re: Printing as soon as possible!!

Sounds like your boss would like his own printer. Or, change the Priority of the jobs coming from your bosses PC. Problem with this is if someone has started a large print job, he will still have to wait for the large print job to finish. Personally I would get him a cheaper laser for his office.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Printer-priority.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	462827
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

"your boss would like his own printer". - NO HE DOESN'T, because it costs money...

Comment

User banned because of registering multiple usernames.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X