Event ID 6028 - EFS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 6028 - EFS

We have multiple windows 2003 servers in our organization. Only one domain. All of a sudden users can't sync their offline folders. They get errors telling them "Access Denied". I checked the event logs and found Event ID 6028 Source: efs.
    I also found out that the security certificate under Public Key Policies and "encrypting File System" is expired.
    Now I am pretty sure that is the reason users can not sync their offline files. How can I fix this. I believe I'll have to save the current certificate and issue a new one. I will appreciate your help, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by usits; 8th December 2006, 22:01. Reason: Solved

Re: Event ID 6028 - EFS

Well done on fixing your problem, and pretty quick too!! Can you post back with what you did to solve it? I'm sure it would be helpful to others. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you, however it wasn't much technical that I had to do. Basically it was the laziness of company's CIO in purchasing the licensing for the licensing server. So basically by default MS gives you 120 days to run it, he enabled efs and every one had licenses but as soon as 120 days went by and he did not sign the agreement that certificate expired.
      I checked out the dates and was like wait a min, that is 120 days and he enabled the efs only a few days ago not realizing that once it expires this will happen. I was shocked that he would not realize or figure out the issue as he is much more knowledgeable than I am.

Comment

Well done on spotting it and thanks for sharing. It is appreciated.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X