Re-Route Print Jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Route Print Jobs

Can anybody please guide me to How to Re-route the print job to another printer. Please tell me in step by step demo.
    Thanks

Re: Re-Route Print Jobs

If a print job has been submitted to the wrong printer, then it must print on that printer, or be deleted. The only way to "re-route" to another printer of the same model would be to switch off the original one and re-configure the second one with the same IP address as the original. Not an ideal solution I think you'll agree - all round it's probably better to clear the queue of one printer and then re-print.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: Re-Route Print Jobs

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
      If a print job has been submitted to the wrong printer, then it must print on that printer, or be deleted. The only way to "re-route" to another printer of the same model would be to switch off the original one and re-configure the second one with the same IP address as the original. Not an ideal solution I think you'll agree - all round it's probably better to clear the queue of one printer and then re-print.
      Actually you can change the printer port on the printer to any printing device that the print driver is compatible with. TCP/IP, LPT, USB, etc... they should all work provided they're configured properly.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
      X