X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disk quota

greetings!

server is windows2003 r2 in domain

how can i assign let say 5MB of disk space on the home folder for all my domain users. i find it tedious if i add users one at a time

thanks

Re: disk quota

This is possible.

2003 R2 allows quota to be used on folders and sub folders.

The alternative is a Quota Softwre solution
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You need to install File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) from Add remove programs > windows components.

Then you need to create a quota template stating only 5mb can be used. Make it a 'hard quota' to enforce the 5mb limit.

Now you create a quota on your home drive directory (at the root). Select auto apply template so that it filters down to your individual users folders. Pick your 5mb template and then click create.

After a minute refresh the display to see the limits at work.

Hope this helps
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

kinalas
        That's the bit I didn't know. Sorry I was vauge. I had herd that this was possible but as to how it worked I'm afraid I was lacking.

Tony
        Glad you had the answer I found this interesting too. Now we have Volume Lic and they send a huge pack with everything in, I'll get the chance to try 2003 R2 server for myself
        The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
        ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by AndyUK View Post
          kinalas
          Tony
          Glad you had the answer I found this interesting too. Now we have Volume Lic and they send a huge pack with everything in, I'll get the chance to try 2003 R2 server for myself

Jolly good. Dont forget the rep points
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X