Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server admin account disabled-cannot log in!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server admin account disabled-cannot log in!

I am the network administrator here at my schools EAST Lab. I tried logging on the server today to find out the administrator account somehow got disabled.. I am not sure if it was a student that managed to get in the office and do it, or if it is some fluke thing, but it will not let me log on. I tried logging in as any of the administrators personal accounts, but they are not able to log in either. If you have any information on how to reenable the administrator account so I can access the server it would be VERY much appreciated.

Server OS:
    Windows Server Pro 2003

Re: Server admin account disabled-cannot log in!

... how 'bout some more info? Are you in an AD environment? What is your topology?

Have a look
    here http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=27
    here http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=2438
    and here http://forums.petri.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Once you get this resolved, I suggest you make an Alternate Admin account so you have a back door for just such a situation.

Also, it this applies to your situation, change the name of Administrator to something else. Many viruses try to break in through the standard named accounts. Maybe one of the machines on your network is infected?
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

logon remotely? or else, try to log in via remote desktop

Is it a memberserver or a DC?

Can you give the exact and full text of the 'cannot log in message'.

-Rem-

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Sounds to me like other accounts have Admin rights - otherwise how could the "Administrator" account be disabled?

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

So is the account "locked out" or "disabled" or is the original poster able to tell?
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Need more info. Can you log on with a standard user account? Can any admins log on?

Comment

Working...
              X