A question on AD taskpad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on AD taskpad

i have set up a custom console, with only active directory users and computers, and then created a taskpad in a certain OU, that taskpad contains the Properties button. But the thing is, i only want the users to do one specific thing in properties tab, to get there go to properties, and the Exchange General tab and click delivery options button, now a new box appears, is there any way i can make this box appear with a button in the taskpad?

i'm sorry if this post is confusing
    changed

Re: A question on AD taskpad

You should probably be limiting their permissions instead of trying to control what they do through an MMC.
    Check out this document about configuring permissions. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

thanks for the link, but the thing is, i'm still a trainee so i don't have enough rights to change permissions, and i have been tasked with researching this.
      changed

Comment

Well then maybe your superiors already know about Least Privilege and are just looking for functionality.

What you're able to do with MMC depends on the version you have.
        I think this is for 1.2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../mmcsteps.mspx

Might want to check out 3.0 (I haven't used it yet) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907265
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

ok, i'll suggest getting mmc 3.0 to my boss/trainer, but i read through what it does and i'm still unsure if that version will do it, but thanks anyway
          changed

Comment

To be honest I seriously doubt MMC has the functionality you're looking for but then again I don't mess around with constraining actions in it. I still think permissions it the way to go.

There may be others that can chime in with their experiences/thoughts.

HTH
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

i have figured a totally different way around the problem to get the same results i wanted, but thanks for your effort in trying to help, i tried to put your rep up, but i'm not sure it worked
              changed

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Murgatroyd View Post
                i have figured a totally different way around the problem to get the same results i wanted
                Excellent. Mind sharing what you did?
                i tried to put your rep up, but i'm not sure it worked
                Yes, I see it in my CP. Thanks.

The reason it doesn't add to my points is because you are too new to affect that aspect yet Keep posting though
                Regards,
                Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

what we did was we already had a pc and an account that is closely related to what we wanted, but this account didn't have outlook even installed on it, so we did install it, and synched it with the e-mail address we were already using, and tought the people on how to forward messages on from there, instead of the mailserver

so no fancy ways of doing it, just delayed logic kicking in, thanks for all your help though, i learned quite a lot about AD thanks to you
                  changed

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X