No announcement yet.

Printing quota for users

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing quota for users

Hi everyone.
    Scenario: I have some 50 users in a Windows2003 Domain. The users can login from any station from the existing 7 computers in a classroom (the profiles are roaming). ONLY these 50 users enter this classroom. The users print (as for now) to an IP printer.
    The problem: I have reasons to believe that (some? all?) users abuse the free printer.
    Solution needed: I am looking for a tool that will allow me to attach a quota on the number of printing jobs any user can print.

Any ideas? Maybe other solutions for the problem?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Re: Printing quota for users

We use Pcounter which is a printer credit system. Used by LOTS of schools and colleges.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Printing quota for users

I've used Print Manager Plus effectively but there are others:

Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **