Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching from per device to per server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from per device to per server?

Hello~

I've got a question regarding the licensing in Win2003 R2 Standard Edition. I have used the search but haven't found a solution yet.
    When I installed the OS I chose per device licensing mode. Now it seems that per server would be more appropriate, however, it's not allowed to change back any more. Would a reinstall of the OS solve the problem, or maybe there is some other suggestion? Thanks!
    Last edited by Miroslav Jeftic; 1st December 2006, 09:24. Reason: typo

Re: Switching from per device to per server?

If this is a production environment you can't "just reinstall the OS" because you have all your user and computer accounts to consider, and access to shared folders. However, this IS the only correct way to change the Licensing Mode.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Try out this one goto services there is a License logging services (by default this services is Disabled). Enable that service.

Then go to Control panel click licensing now you able to change whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        If this is a production environment you can't "just reinstall the OS" because you have all your user and computer accounts to consider, and access to shared folders. However, this IS the only correct way to change the Licensing Mode.
        Of course, before a reinstall, everything would be exported, backed up, etc. Network is not a big one, a server and ten work stations, though it would need some time to set it up again of course.

@sree8133
        That way is not possible, as I have mentioned already.

Comment

Working...
        X