Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Folder not accessible

Hi,

I have an issue which I am facing from last few weeks.

I have a File Server A at location X. User in Location B had access on a shared folder on the Server A two weeks back.
    Now the user is not able to access the shared folder at all. Whenever I tried, disconnecting and reconnecting the drive, the error given to me was " Local Device Already in Use. The connection cannot be restored."

Then I saw the error as " Remote Procedure Call Failed"

As I tried restarting the desktop, the issue was not resolved. So, when I restarted the server, the user was able to access the folder without any issues.

I guess there is either some issue with RPC or Server Service of the server, or else, the File Server itself is not getting sync with the Domain Controller.

Anybody can give me any idea, how I can make the file server in sync with the DC, so that the file server gets the latest updated database, and allows the user to access the shared folder...?

Re: Shared Folder not accessible

Hi scsiguyz

Can you post the full event error details please.

In the meantime if it happens again try deleting the share as follows
    from command prompt

net use <Dive Letter>: /Delete

then run your logon script again. See if this reconnects.
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reponse.

I am not running any login script for the user. Also, as I said earlier, I have tried mapping and remapping the drive several times.But no luck at all.

Only solution I implemented was server restart, as it worked well. But I want to know the exact issue with the server, as it is not feasible to restart a File Server for a single user.

Also, when I tried after logging on to a different PC, where the user had never logged in, the same error come out.

And I didn't see any event log for this issue in event viewer.

Would like to have your prompt and helpful response at the earliest

Rgds,
      SCSIGUYZ

Comment

Was there anything in the eventvwr on the server?
        Last edited by rvalstar; 30th November 2006, 08:33.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Have you illiminated what its not?

1. If you login to the same machine with another username that has permission to access the share does the same thing happen?

2. Can you browse to the share ?

3. Can the Adminisrtator access the share in the normal way?

4. Try creating another share on the same server give exclusive permissions to only the Administrator and the User in question. Does the same thing happen?

I'm assuming that all permissions are correct and all services on both Server and Client remain running ?
          The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
          ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X