Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could we give files and folder qouta in windows 2000 advance server

Hi,

Some body help me to tell how could I give file and folder qouta in windows 2000 advance server. Inbuilt qouta services in windows 2000 server only give volume qouta. There is any good third party software which can help me to do so.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam
    Regards,

Rajeev Gautam
    If God answer your prayer,he is increasing your faith.
    If he delay,he is increasing your patience.
    If he doesn't answer,he knows you can handle it perfectly.

Re: How could we give files and folder qouta in windows 2000 advance server

You are right, the build in Quota in Windows 200 is a disk quota and not a file/folder one.

I did not come across a good third party software, but a google search will help in that.

I used to do a small trick around it, which is allowing disk quota per user account and divide my files on the user accounts. This is really tedious way of doing things.

Update us if you were able to find a third party tool.

Best regards,
    Mostafa
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The "third party tool" is called Windows Server 2003 R2. Any reason you can't upgrade. AIUI the directory quotas as well as the other enhancements will mean a smaller TCO rather than buying one utility third party.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thns for the Info. I will download the trial version, upgrade and test it. Will keep you informed with all the steps.

Best regards,
        Mostafa
        Best regards,
        Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

I know about this that Windows 2003 R2 has this feature. If I go for update my recent windows 2000 advance server 100 user licence to windows 2003 R2 is very costly. That's why I'm looking for third party tool for this.
          Regards,

Rajeev Gautam
          If God answer your prayer,he is increasing your faith.
          If he delay,he is increasing your patience.
          If he doesn't answer,he knows you can handle it perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X