Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Net send to users connected to share, NOT all users with a session on the server..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net send to users connected to share, NOT all users with a session on the server..

hi

Is there any way I can do a net send to all users currently connected to a share, rather than all users in the domain / with sessions on the server etc?

Cheers

AJ

Re: Net send to users connected to share, NOT all users with a session on the server

You can do this w/ the output of "NET FILE". Not a pretty solution and I'm hopeful there is a better one but it appears "NET FILE" will show what users are connected to a path put forth as a share.

So you could shell out of a VBS, pipe the output of "NET FILE" to a file, parse the file, and issue "NET SEND name message" to the connected users.

I did try the "NET SEND name message" bit and you need to make sure all your users have the Messenger service running or that call will hang.

If you are not proficient at VBS (or other scripting technologies beyond BAT / CMD) I suggest you find someone you feel comfortable with and put them on the job.

Good luck.
    Last edited by rvalstar; 26th November 2006, 00:59. Reason: Messenger issue
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X