Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add Windows 2003 Server Enterprise to home network.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Windows 2003 Server Enterprise to home network.

I just installed Windows 2003 Server Enterprise edition on a server we have, and I would like the other computers on the network to be able to access the shared drives on it.

How would I add the Server to the home network, there is no option like there is in Windows XP..

Please help!

Many Thanks

Re: Add Windows 2003 Server Enterprise to home network.

Right Click "My Computer"
    Select Properties
    Select Computer Name
    Click Change

This assumes it is not a domain controller already -- if it is, other PCs will have to be joined to the domain. To check, look for Active Directory Users and Computers in Administrative Tools

It seems a waste of money to install Server 2003 Enterprise () on a home network!

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ha, like I would pay for something that expensive! Isan't it like 4k? I know evan my college could not afford it, so stuck with Windows 2000, which was previosly on here..

However, I added it to MSHOME, yet it is still not showing in the Mshome folder, as the other two computers & laptops are..

Comment

So, you're saying you're running an illegal copy. Right?

Done. Thread closed, user banned.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X