Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange behaviour of Event Logs

Hello !

in our office, we have stand-alone Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL server, not part of a domain, just a member of workgroup.
    this morning, I noticed that I cannot see entries in logs in event viewer.
    To be exact, after refresh - using F5, I can see entries in Application Log, but in System log - I cannot see, even after I tried to refresh.
    However, all messages are in there, but invisible, like white font on white background. After a few attempts to refresh eventually the system showed me all entries in the system log....
    Event service is started.
    I tried to restart the server, play with settings of logs....no luck...
    There are only two programs installed on that server - MS SQL 2000 Server enterprise edition and Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition....

Everything seems to be fine, but ... I would like to try to resolve this issue...
    Any ideas ?

thank you,
    Mihail
    regards,

Mihail Kravsun
    MCSA, CCNA

Re: Strange behaviour of Event Logs

You probably have too many entries in the event log, try clearing some out or be patient while it refreshes. Don't hit refresh many times, just once and wait.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: Strange behaviour of Event Logs

Thank you Lior_S !

The problem is resolved. I've cleared all logs and restarted my server.
      regards,

Mihail Kravsun
      MCSA, CCNA

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

However, we'de appreciate it if you could grant some reputation points to the user that helped you. Just click on the little Yin-Yang icon on the right of the user's answer and follow the prompt.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X