• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCPServer service is Stopped.

HI All,

Why my SBS2003 server stop the DHCP/

DHCPServer service is Stopped.

This service performs TCP/IP configuration for DHCP clients, including dynamic assignments of IP addresses, specification of the WINS and DNS servers, and connection-specific DNS names. If this service is stopped, the DHCP server will not perform TCP/IP configuration for clients.

For more information about this event, see the event logs on the server computer. You can restart this service by using the View Services task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad.

You can disable this alert by using the Change Alert Notifications task.
    AusNetIT Solutions

Web Design | Web Hosting | SEO | IT Support

Re: DHCPServer service is Stopped.

No real question.
    No logs/event ids from the Event Viewer.
    No info about what happens when you try a manual start.

Not a very good post.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

On SBS, the DHCP server stops if another rogue DHCP server is active on the network. This "rogue" server is very often the router/firewall or edge device, if you have a single NIC setup.
      The solution to this is turn off the DHCP on your edge device, and let the SBS DHCP give out the correct IP settings which include the default gateway, and, more importantly, the SBS server as the DNS.

HTH - otherwise, as Biggles says, post more info to help us help you!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi Teiger,
        Does this happen in Windows 2003 server as well. I mean if we run DHCP service from Router in domain enviroment. Would that router stop issuing ip addresses? I thought that in Windows 2003 server environment only Windows DHCP server doesn't issue ip address until they are authorized in DC but in case of routers we do not need to do any thing. If routers are used as DHCP they still work. is it true?

Comment

BUt this is the SBS forum so I answered about SBS. I'll move this post to the relevant forum.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmer_sahab View Post
            Hi Teiger,
            Does this happen in Windows 2003 server as well. I mean if we run DHCP service from Router in domain enviroment. Would that router stop issuing ip addresses? I thought that in Windows 2003 server environment only Windows DHCP server doesn't issue ip address until they are authorized in DC but in case of routers we do not need to do any thing. If routers are used as DHCP they still work. is it true?
            Ahmer, you really should have started a new thread in the Windows Server Forum and NOT hijack the thread of someone else. Please do NOT do this again. Thanks.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X