Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installshield wizard

Hi,
    I am a computer novice so if my problem is simple please dont laugh.When I attempt to load a cd programme I often have a box titled InstallShield Wizard coming up on screen and the message says starting to install.After a while it is still there and nothing is happening and the programme will not load and the box will not go from the screen withhout switching computer off.Also i often get,underneath address bar a message saying Active X needs to be downloaded but when iI click on it it will not let me install.Problem Three is I am unable to update Windows Update as error no 0x800B0001 always appears.Can anyone help please?

Re: installshield wizard

Please review

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=916255
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Wow, dude! That's three different headaches you have there (as it looks)...

1) Installer Wizzard is (as it's name states) a small program that is in charge with the installation of applications. It gives you some screens, where you can choose different options (like what components you want installed, where, what shortcuts you want created and so on). If it gets stuck all the time, the CD might be corrupted. Or there might be something on your computer that interferes. Try to install from the same CD on another computer. If there it works, it means that the CD is OK and you should look for something fishy on your computer. If doesn't work there either, check the CD for scratches and dirt (dust, fingerprints). You may want to try and wash it with cold water and even soap (don't wash it if it has a home-made paper cover). And wipe it dry with a very soft cloth. Then try again.
      2) It happens that some sites will need you to install an ActiveX in order to allow you to see thier content (especially when there's a Web application involved). Don't install things you don't trust! There are a lot of bad things out there!! Some are deliberate and others are just poor written. Or your computer may not like them. When you talk about it will not let me install, what do you mean?
      3) There's nothing like a good Google search: http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=en&q=0x800B0001. Take a look and see if something helps.

Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Yes, there is three problems listed but one or more may be the symptom of the other. I would get Windows update working (the link I posted), get the computer up-to-date with the patches, and then see if the other issues are still there.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks Jeremey W,
          Went to website as stated .
          Entered no1 nnstuction which was ok,so was no 3 but no 2 instruction message said:Load Library failed the specified module could not be found.Any more ideas,
          cheers,Peter.

Comment

Here's a guy that couldn't register the module and he said it was because of Norton Antivirus http://groups.google.com/group/micro...86442fe7437daa

You also might want to take a look here to see if anything helps
            http://www.petri.com/wu_problems_8007007e.htm
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X