Windows 2000 server pagefile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 server pagefile

I have tried to move the pagefile on my win 2000 server from C: to the D: partition. a new pagefile was created on D:, however the initial pagefile on the C: is still there. should i delete it manually or change the settings in the registry? Thanks

Re: Windows 2000 server pagefile

Can you post a screenshot of what you did? I want to see if you changed the size of the file on the C Drive or just left it as it was. Don't know Win2K Server but if I had to guess I would say you need to leave a 2MB Paging File on C: and put whatever you like on D:.

Don't forget that when you move the file from C: (full) Memory Dump is disabled. (Assuming it is the same as the other server OSes that I do know)
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Screenshots,

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

You will need to set the pagefile on C to manual, max and min size 0.

Actually, you are better with a small pagefile (2Mb) on C.

You will also need to change the startup options to "small memory dump" on crash

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have entered the following values (100, 200) for a test, should I click yes?
          Attached Files

Comment

Try it and see what happens. Personally if I was moving the Paging File to create space on the C: drive, I would make the C: drive size 2MB Min & Max. The only other reason I can think of moving a Paging File is for performance gain. This will happen if it is moved to a different physical drive and not just a different partition on the same physical drive as the C: partition.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X