X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Locked Old Static IP's" ???

Hi people

Several worlstations had been removed from my WINDOWS 2K-2K3 AD domain;
    (two DC'S,STATIC IP'S,DNS,ETC). Now,when I setup several "new" windows workstations, I can't use the "Old",former ip's in order to join the new workstations to the doamin; and if (rarely) succeeded, I can't use the DNS in
    order to surf the Internet; thks in advnace for help

Re: "Locked Old Static IP's" ???

Check DHCP and the lease life. Reduce lease time to something lees than you appear to have. Also delete any inactive lease. Change subnet size if you have an IP shortage problem.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

And in addition to what biggles says, clean the IP's out of the DNS.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thx people

Thx for your help,"but there is but": 1) I am not using any DHCP - as I have mentioned,it is Static ip's allocations.

2) I have checked the dns,deleting and refreshing and rmoving any mention of any
        record relted to the "old",removed IP's.Still - the old ip's are being "freezed"; is the ipconfig - or other DNS tools - may help?

Comment

Who wants to put money on a modified HOSTS. file?

Also, your DIDN'T mention static IPs except for "(two DC'S,STATIC IP'S,DNS,ETC)."

What does "the old ip's are being "freezed";" mean?

I have NO idea how your Domain is setup as you haven't given a description except what we assumed were static IPs on the server(s).

Please read the Posting Rules and give us a chance at helping you sort out your problem without us having to play 20 questions. Or you could read How to ask a question. Thanks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X