my accounts locks every after few minutes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my accounts locks every after few minutes

I am using window xp professional as client PC, and I have active directory running on windows 2003 enviroment.

I have been facing problem with my account, which gets locked in every few minutes, this create alot of diruptions on my activities.

does anyone knows what could be a problem? and how to resolve this?

Thanking you.

Re: my accounts locks every after few minutes

Since when did this start ?
    Did you enforce an account policy ?

Comment

it has been like this for almost a month.

if I get you correctly, there is user policy on my domain, its not specific to a single account.

and this is happening on only my account, how do I check settings specifically to me and the policy applied?

Thanking you.

Comment

You haven't changed your password recently and left yourself logged into a citrix server or RDP'd on to a server anywhere?

seen this many a times before

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Yes there is a possibilities, this has happened when I was doing trial login on citrix. its also possible that I have logged on RDP on server I did not logout.

the question is how will I know where or which server I did not logout?

why it behaves like that, i.e. the password is getting locked?

how can I resolve the problem?

Thanking you.
          Last edited by mariamislam; 28th October 2006, 10:19. Reason: did not complete the questions.

Comment

It sounds like you have a password set on the client for the screensaver. Right click the desktop/properties - screensaver tab at the top. check to see if a blank screen saver is set and password.

Comment

Originally posted by mariamislam View Post
              it has been like this for almost a month.

if I get you correctly, there is user policy on my domain, its not specific to a single account.

and this is happening on only my account, how do I check settings specifically to me and the policy applied?

Thanking you.
              U can use RSoP (Resultant Set of Policy) thru MMC to find out the effective policy applied to computer and user.
              Just another MCP

Comment

Working...
              X