No announcement yet.

Copying WSUS windows update directory.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying WSUS windows update directory.

I have a query related to WSUS, few months back i installed wsus server in our headoffice, soon after that our management wanted me to configure wsus in all our remote branches which are connected by 128k-256kbps dsl connections to our HO, so i was wondering if there is any way where i can simply copy a directory which contains all the updates till date and paste it to newly configured wsus, instead of synchronizing and downloading all updates from the parent wsus which is at HO.
    I need to know the directory name and procedure on how to go about copying the update directory.
    Help appreciated.

Re: Copying WSUS windows update directory.

found this. I dont have access to a WSUS server to check it out but might be worth a try:

After you download updates to the Upstream server, you can hand-carry media to disconnected servers running WSUS, using the export/import feature.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **