Administrative Tools Toolbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Tools Toolbar

I accidentally deleated the Administrative Tools Toolbar on a Windows 2003 Server and I can't seem to find the key to adding it back. Also the option to Customize the toolbars options is grayed out and non functional. Thanks!

Re: Administrative Tools Toolbar

and here

EDIT: This answer belongs to this question
    Last edited by Lior_S; 24th October 2006, 13:58. Reason: woops
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

What is the Administrative Tools Toolbar in Win2K3? Even Lior_S is confused by this term. (Sorry Lior ) And what Toolbar are wanting to customise? Can you post a screenshot just to make sure we know what area you are refering too? (This may be a terminology confusion) Thanks.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Print Screen of a requested server desktop containing what I'm calling the Administrative Tools Toolbar. Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Right-click the taskbar, select "Toolbars...New Toolbar". Browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools" and click "OK", "OK".

Hey presto - Toolbar. By the way - this is an "unusual" way to access Admin tools. About the closest I've come to this is copying the "Admin Tools" folder onto the desktop and having a shortcut to it on my "Quick Launch" bar.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Why would you want to add the toolbar there??

It would be pointless if you ask me.

I would recommend that you add the System Administration Tools to both your All Programs and Start Menu.

This is very easy.

Right Click on the Taskbar.
            Select Properties.
            Click on Start Menu.
            Click on Customized.
            Click on Advanced.
            Select the relevant Option.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys i answered the wrong question apparently.
              Yawn
              zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Bingo! Thanks Tom and all for your replys. Accessing Admin Tools this way with this setup just works for me, personal preference you could say and I have it added to the Quick Start menu as well. Thanks again.. Charles

Comment

I usually tell my readers to drag the Administrative Tools folder not from the Start menu, but from the Control Panel, and ALWAYS drag (anything and everything, including wife and kids) with the right mouse button.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                  X