please help... setup a roaming profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help... setup a roaming profile

So anyways in my attempt to make my server have the ability to have roaming profiles…
    I have missed a step somewhere… because I still have to add the user to the local Admin group in order to logon to the machine… any help would be much appreciate or atleast I have a bullet…
    Last edited by bigkat; 19th October 2006, 20:45.

Re: please help... I have one bullet left... and I about to use it!!!

I vote for the bullet.

You want your profile to be roaming so that you can log onto the server using it or workstations?
    Unless your domain permissions have you in the domain/enterprise admin group you can't log onto the server.
    Last edited by ahinson; 19th October 2006, 16:56.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: please help... I have one bullet left... and I about to use it!!!

hahaha my friend... I am liking the bullet more and more...
      I vote for the bullet.

You want your profile to be roaming so that you can log onto the server using it or workstations?
      Unless your domain permissions have you in the domain/enterprise admin group you can't log onto the server.

workstations... I would love to ghost a workstation and hand it off to the user... and the user just walkup to it... and logon... without me loggin on as the admin and adding the user to the local admin group...

Comment

Re: please help... I have one bullet left... and I'm about to use it!!!

check this out, it might be what yu are looking for.
        Also your title might get you banned, but we all wanted to see you use that bullet
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

thank you... for both tips... I wanted to use the bullet... trust me!!!

Comment

it was a hint, fix the title

edit:hmm easier said then done......
            Last edited by Lior_S; 19th October 2006, 20:23.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S
              it was a hint, fix the title

edit:hmm easier said then done......
              I assumed he was going to shoot the computer, not himself.
              Changed the thread title to be more appropriate.
              Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: please help... setup a roaming profile

I assumed he was going to shoot the computer, not himself.
                I assumed the same, kinda like what HP did

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why the user needs to be a member of the local admins to log on... in fact, I would recommend not having your users local admins (makes for admin headaches and compromises security)
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I did not want to ask that question because one of my clients has an app that needs admin rights, so i can understand the need. However absolutely it is a major security issue, and drives me nuts.

Comment

... roaming profile only appear for domain setup only right? why there is a local account/ membership of local admin??? Domain local or... ???

Sorry I feel so confuse...
                      Just another MCP

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW
                        Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why the user needs to be a member of the local admins to log on... in fact, I would recommend not having your users local admins (makes for admin headaches and compromises security)
                        Looked back and I didn't qualify what I meant... Need admin rights to log onto a server - not a workstation.
                        Last edited by ahinson; 20th October 2006, 05:37.
                        Andrew

Comment

well... thank you for all the to do... that my post has gotten... but yeah... it is a nightmare for a user to local admin rights... thats what I am trying to change...
                          I think ahinson link will do the trick... and the bullet was for me... not the computer...

Comment

Working...
                          X