Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows 2003

I run Windows 2000 server with SQL 2000 a HP Proliant ML 370 server. I need to upgrade the server to 2003 server, is it really necessary to format the server or can I just do an upgrade???

I always believed in a fresh install, but if an upgrade work on server I think will go that route.

Re: Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows 2003

You should be able to just upgrade.

I would check and make sure everything is patched and compatible with 2003 first.

Comment

Everything is definitely compatible, I just worried about performance??

Comment

What do you mean performance??

If your system is compatible then you should be OK.

Comment

Will the server perform to its maximum capability even though itís upgraded to Win2003 and not formatted and reloaded???

Comment

Originally posted by stephanp
            Will the server perform to its maximum capability even though itís upgraded to Win2003 and not formatted and reloaded???
            If your not experiencing any performance issues now then i can't forsee you having any issues when you upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by stephanp
              I think I have understand what does he mean.
              When Install windows through clean install model, all of the previuos OS files will be deleted and he is sure that No other Unneeded files from the previous OS are exist on partition.He woried if he use the upgrade model then some unnecessary files/services will be still on hid computer which will effect on server, to reduce it's performance.

Comment

Working...
              X