Display which folders a security group can access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display which folders a security group can access

I tried google and the forum search but I might have used the wrong words to get hits.

What I'm trying to do:
    Find a tool (or a way within Windows Server 2003) where I can enter the name of a security group, this tool will then display all the folders on my server to which the SG has access and preferrably which level of access that group has.

Not sure why this is so hard for me, must be one of those days.

Thanks in advance!

/Anders
    A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Re: Display which folders a security group can access

Only way i can think of to get close to what you want is to check the effective permissions of the folder against the security group. I can't think of a way to check multiple folders

I'll have a think about it

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Display which folders a security group can access

I found this script, but since I know Jack about scripting I thought you might find it interesting:

Code:
      @echo off
      setlocal
      IF {%1}=={} GOTO bad
      IF NOT EXIST %1 GOTO bad
      IF {%2}=={} goto bad
      set pf=%1
      set report=%2
      if exist %report% del /q %report%
      cacls %pf%>%report%
      forfiles -p %pf% -s -c "CMD /c if @ISDIR==TRUE cacls [email protected]>>%report%"
      endlocal
      GOTO :EOF
      :bad
      @echo Usage: ListPerm "Drive:\Folder" "ReportFile"
      @echo.
      endlocal
      A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

Working...
      X