error accessiong sysvol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error accessiong sysvol

I have a problem with my win03 server(It acts as DC,DNS).
    It could access "\\servername\sysvol\mydomain.com" but it can't access
    "\\mydomain.com\sysvol\mydomain.com" I do not know why? GP need to access the second path to work properly

Re: error accessiong sysvol

And this is your FIRST message here, and you don't know you NEED TO PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION?????

I'll tell you what.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Besides My Special regards for your useful Website, Sometimes I hesitate whether a human being has replied to my question or it has been done by a Google Advertisement Robot.
      I don't see topics created by me so simple and I am not in way to waste your
      Time/ web hosting budget. See each Topic visitorís hits.
      For more information about question please visit "KB290647" & "KB887303".Both of them are new articles and Microsoft has not suggested a specific way for its solution. Microsoft asked users to Request for a special hotfix which will be available through apply from Microsoft Customer support center.
      I knew the above But I asked whether another person has encountered this error or not.

Since I have found these forums useful I would asked my questions here, though your kind reply.

Sincerely your,

Comment

Since you chose to address this message to me publically, here is my reply:

Sorry but I disagree.

Posting a question about your SYSVOL share without providing ANY SORT OF INFORMATION is a behavior to be expected of a newbe, a lamer, someone that hasn't had the experience with technical support forums.

This is NOT your first post here, and NOT your first thread, as a matter of fact you've started 73 thread so far (see http://forums.petri.com/search.php?searchid=605808) and have 171 posts. I don't want to count how many of these were made as answered to OTHER PEOPLE's threads, but my point is that you're not new here, and you already have a feeling of the way we work here.

You ask more questions (HERE, on THIS FORUM) than you care to answer other people's questions. See your own credit score. It's NEGATIVE. Why do you think you've got a NEGATIVE credit? I'll give you a hint: Negative credit is given to someone that only asks yet doesn't, usually, care to answer other people's questions. A serial question asker, a taker, not a giver. There are a few people like yourself over here, we know them, we live with them even though they hardly ever bother to give back anything to the community, but we still expect them to live by OUR (or should it be MY) rules.

However even that doesn't give you an excuse to ask questions without providing ANY SORT OF INFORMATION, and yet when someone suggests you query Google, you say you think it's a Google bot that answered. You should have known better.

Well my friend, get your stuff together and either live by MY rules (which, by the way, aren't so different from any other technical forum's basic rules and netiquette), or, if you can't understand them, get yourself a new home.

Being in a good mood I offer you that choice. Have a good day.
        Last edited by danielp; 1st October 2006, 23:03.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Microsoft Support Center has Replied to my Email about this problem. The Email contains Hotfix download link to solve this problem. If any one will to know more, tell me.

Comment

Did the hotfix (in the Microsoft email) fix or in any way affect the problem. S2002, are you an ex secret agent? You sure secretive about and don't like parting with information that may assist in resolving YOUR problem.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I didn't understand you! MAy be you will to help me. then I appreciate you.
              When I want to view share folders on server, I could access them through this address ""\\servername\folder"" but when I try this address "\\mydomain.com\folder"" no share folders content can be seen and I encounter an error dialogue. sysvol is one of share folders which exist on server. GP need to able to access them through this address "\\mydomain.com\sysvol\mydomain.com"
              Now cause I cann't see the content of share folders through this address format "\\mydomain.com\folder" I encounter Error in GP performance.
              I hope I could tell the error symptoms in simple words,

sincerely yours,
              detective xxx (FBI agent)

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                Did the hotfix (in the Microsoft email) fix or in any way affect the problem. S2002, are you an ex secret agent? You sure secretive about and don't like parting with information that may assist in resolving YOUR problem.
                He's just ignoring me. I guess we need to either fly to him, grab hold of him, and beat the hell out of him on order to extract some information, or, better, just tell him to UGBYP.
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                X