How can teachers view pupils work on a server2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can teachers view pupils work on a server2003

Can anyone help? I am working on a school network and the teachers want to be able to view their pupil's work. I keep getting the you do not have permission to access this folder message but When I look at it on the server I have granted full access. Even the administrator cannot access their My Docs folders! When looking at the folders I can see the read only is lit up and won't go away but it wont let me read them. I have created groups for the teachers and in the user manager allowed them full access to their pupils. The network drive appears in the teacher's my computers and they can see all their children's folders but are not allowed in. Any ideas? This server is driving me nuts.

Re: How can teachers view pupils work on a server2003

Hi cooper. Hmm, have you configured both share and NTFS permissions?

Have a read: http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...rmissions.html

HTH
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: How can teachers view pupils work on a server2003

If you are redirecting the pupil's "My Documents" folder to a server, the default persmission is that even Administrator can't look at them. There is a setting you can use in the GPO to grant either exclusive permissions or not. Here's the help on the setting:

The Settings tab in the Properties dialog box contains a check box labeled Grant the user exclusive rights to My Documents. This option controls permissions on the newly-created redirected folder. If this option is selected, and the target directory doesn't yet exist, Folder Redirection will create the directory and set permissions on this directory to allow only the user and the local system full control over the folder. If this option is selected, and the target directory already exists, then Folder Redirection will verify ownership of the directory. If the directory is owned by someone else, Folder Redirection will fail. Whatever permissions are in effect by default remain in effect. If you clear this check box, no changes are made to the permissions on the folder. Whatever permissions are in effect by default remain in effect. The Start Menu folder can only be redirected with this option turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X