Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Server

Dear all,

I have installed windows 2003 sever standared edition in two HP DL-380 Rack servers, one is a main server as (Domain) and the other one is a backup server as (Sub Domain) and using oracle as database for our running program.

Therefore i need your kind help to proviede me a solution. All client computers are member of main server (Domain), so if main server sudden off or become down.

How the other sever has to work as like main server for our program and its database at the same time???
    Regards,
    Ahsan
    I want to build my knowledge.

Re: Backup Server

AFAIK the only way to achieve what you want (automatic change to backup) is to implement some form of clustering so both servers share the load. Someone please tell me if there are alternative solutions

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As Ossian says you could use clustering asan option. AFAIK though you would need to upgrade to Enterprise versions. Just checked and it would defiantely need to be Enterprise Edition.

You could also look into something like Neverfail. There are others it justthat that is the only one i can think of off-hand.

Clustering

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...g/default.mspx

Neverfail

http://www.neverfailgroup.com/

Comment

You could also implement a script that checks now and then and if it sees that the other server is down to move it in place. This is basically what microsoft clustering is like.

Comment

Working...
        X