Missing drop down after W2K to W3k Domain Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing drop down after W2K to W3k Domain Upgrade

Recently I upgraded my Windows 2000 Domain controllers to Windows 2003. The upgrade went well.

I had to uninstall the Exchange 2000 tools on my upgraded 2003 domain controllers and reinstall the Exchange tools from Exchange 2003 to manage the user profiles.

One problem, my Exchange server does not appear in the drop down list when I attempt to add a user that needs an Exchange account on my 2003 domain controller. I still have one Windows 2000 domain controller and it still works fine.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Bob Seeds

Re: Missing drop down after W2K to W3k Domain Upgrade

I know Exchange 2000 isn't supported on a Server 2003 machine.

EDIT - I should clarify. Exchange 2000 is supported (and will even perform better) in a 2003 AD environment but it cannot be installed on a 2003 machine.
    Last edited by JeremyW; 19th September 2006, 19:51.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Please let me clairify.

I have 3 domain controllers. 2 Windows 2003 controllers With SP-1 and 1 Windows 2000 controller with SP-4 (which I would like to retire after I solve this problem).

My Exchange server is running Windows 2000 SP-4 and all the updates with Exchange 2000 SP-3.

The Windows 2000 controller runs fine and is able to add users with Exchange accounts just fine. It uses the tools from Exchange 2000.

The Windows 2003 Controllers are using the Exchange tools from Exchange 2003 and they are the ones with the problem. They can add domain accounts but when they attempt to add an Exchange mail box, the drop down list with the name of my exchange server is blank. Here in is the problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RSeeds
        The Windows 2003 Controllers are using the Exchange tools from Exchange 2003
        Do you have an Exchange 2003 server?
        When you say Exchange tools are you talking about when you run the Exchange server setup and select just to install the Exchange System Management Tools?
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X