Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable To Logoff Admin Account

Hello folks,

W2K03 server DNS and DHCP. and is the PDC. I am unable to log off domain admin console and remotely. MS suggests that it might be accounts that have not released memory (aka services). I have rebooted the server box and still the same issue. Also, remote admin already established is not bumped when another remote admin session is established. Logs really don't show anything related to this issue. Can someone give me some insights please?

Thanks...DOH!

Re: Unable To Logoff Admin Account

Done any updates recently? I have heard of a few cases where admins were doing updates by remote saying reboot was needed. Admin pressed OK and it cut off the RDP Session or appeared to, but actually need the admin to go to the physical server,login and reboot.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger
      Done any updates recently? I have heard of a few cases where admins were doing updates by remote saying reboot was needed. Admin pressed OK and it cut off the RDP Session or appeared to, but actually need the admin to go to the physical server,login and reboot.
      Hello teiger,

No recent updates have been performed. But it does give me a direction for investigation. As it stands, reboot kills all sessions but once i logon to the console as admin afterwards, I cannot log off from the session. Additionally, a box used for remote logon, once logged in as admin, will not log off.

Comment

You should check out your GPOs for a logoff script. - use RSOP.msc

Just as a test: create a new account, add it to the Domain Admins group, logon to the DC, and then try to logoff.

Comment

Working...
        X