Need help to solve problem in Roaming Profile at Windows Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to solve problem in Roaming Profile at Windows Server 2003

Hi I set up roaming profile in win server 2003 for our client so that they have their own personal settings and it will remain safe and confidential, and it also working fine.But there is one problem in roaming profile which is when our client log on into win xp pro(Which are connected to the domain server Win server 2003) then in the start menu they can see all others account profile. And day by day our client is increasing and the size of the start menu also increasing cause everybodies profile is shown in the start menu. Is there any way to fix this porblem. what we want one user can only see his profile in the start menu will not see others profile in the start menu. Please help me out to solve this porblem....

Re: Need help to solve problem in Roaming Profile at Windows Server 2003

Hi Rifat.
    I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "everybodies profile is shown in the start menu". Could you give a screen shot or explain in more detail?

It would also be helpful if you could tell what your configuration is i.e. the path for the profile, topology of the network, etc.
    Last edited by JeremyW; 16th September 2006, 05:59.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Need help to solve problem in Roaming Profile at Windows Server 2003

In addition to JeremyW's request, are you making all the users local admins on the workstations? Start to read up on LUA and it might help.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X