Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2000 Need to add External GAL

Hi,

I am running SBS 2000. My office has "Domain A", and the rest of the offices are all on "Domain B". Domain B is running straight server 2003. Domain B does not have exchange.

On my SBS 2000 box I would like to add a GAL for the active directory on "Domain b". Basically, when in outlook, I would like to have all the contacts there. I can currently do this in outlook by ip address, but I would like to do this globally.

We have vpn tunnels between our offices.

What is the best way to add an LDAP/ active directory to my SBS server?

If I can do this in Outlook, I should be able to set this globally in Exchange.

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: SBS 2000 Need to add External GAL

Thread moved to SBS forum.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: SBS 2000 Need to add External GAL

Basically you can't automatically. You see, SBS is very selfish and does not trust any other domain. your only option is a regular import/export using tools such as CVSDE or LFIFDE(?).
      Or your domain B users would have to be re-created on your SBS network and then everyone could use your Exchange over the VPN or as RPC over HTTPS.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X