No announcement yet.

ConnectComputer wizard issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ConnectComputer wizard issue

Attempting to join client computer to the domain using the ConnectComputer wizard. The user and client have been added to the server.
    Open Internet Explorer on the client and enter 'http://classic/ConnectComputer" and hit Go. The Network Config page is presented and directs me to logon with logon name and password, but there is no window to enter this info. I then double-click the link to 'Connect to the network now'. The Network Config page is presented telling me the Networking Wizard was not installed because I am not logged on as a member with Admin group (I am), or my Local Intranet settings may be set to High( They are set to Med-Low).

I have no problems getting to the Intranet web site from the client, I just cannot successfully run the ConnectComputer wizard, which will install the client applications I will need. Need help badly.

Re: ConnectComputer wizard issue

You need to accept the activeX control AFAIK.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.