X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Of Server is lost

Hi all,
    I need fast help plz
    i use server 2003, recently when i open some applications or some configuration windows
    i cant see the english font. also in "WORD" there are no english letters
    all became rectangles and faces.
    here is what i see
    Attached Files

Re: Font Of Server is lost

Check the fonts directory to see if you have them all there - check against a working copy if you can. If not see attached for what I have presently.

BTW what are you doing with WORD on your SBS? I mean it's a SERVER for goodness sake.
    You should not install Outlook on SBS (or any server which has Exchange on it for that matter) as it is not supported by MS.
    If you need to look at Office Docs on the server then DL the Office viewers from the Office web site. Don't install Office -pleeeease. Use a workstation!!!!
    Attached Files
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

thnx for your help
      i went to the fonts folder and there i found only 5
      when i wanted to reinstall fonts (about 5 min later) all the fonts poped on the font window and its fine again
      even tho i didnt started the font import.

about the office it was installed by the former admin. so its left there.
      when i asked him why he said that it is for the remote desktop of users
      that connect from home. he ment for the terminal server.
      he also said if ill remove it users on the terminal will not see outlook on their desktop

should i remove it?
      is there another way to install office for the terminal server?

what problems can it make? can you point on some of them?

thnx alot for the help.

Comment

Hello,
        I am new here but noticed that you posted this issue and your followup in the SBS section of this forum.

You do know that you cannot have TS on a SBS box, and if you are then......well......good luck.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've saidĒ - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Sounds like the admin is letting the users use one of the two TS session allowed for Remote Administration. VERY DANGEROUS. I mean would you let a user in the office use your server for doing his Word Document or his Outlook, or Excel spreadsheet?
          I doubt it - but that is what you are doing if you let them use TS. What's more he is probably letting them use it with an administrative account. CRAZZZZEEEY.
          Hasn't he heard of RWW? Try <FQDN>/remote. That way any user can control his own PC from a browser wherever he is?
          Uninstall that Office ASAP and/or more important GET THOSE USERS OFF THE DC, EXCHANGE, Server that the business depends on!
          TIA

sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

can u explain more about what is rww?

i never heard about it as well.
            maybe i know it by some other name.

basicaly how should I fix his work?
            1> ill remove the office from the server
            2> ??? how to install office on the terminal server? its abit new to me.

thnx for your help

Comment

Remote Web Workplace
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello Kazza,
                Check this web link. It contain information for installing MS office in Windows terminal server
                http://www.microsoft.com/technet/arc....mspx?mfr=true

Comment

Ahmer_sahab

Sorry but this is an old thread and Terminal Server and Small Business Server don't really belong in the same thread unless you have an additional server in the domain.
                  I appreciate your attempt to help, but feel it inappropriate in this forum. Check out the thread for Terminal Services.
                  I am hereby closing this thread.
                  Last edited by teiger; 9th November 2006, 14:30. Reason: th e
                  TIA

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X