Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding new computer to a domain

hello everyone'
    i have a domain based win 2003'we got a new computer that i need to add to our network with a user name that already exist,i add the computer to the domain and enterd with the spacipic name but i didnt get the security policiy to this username and computer,
    how can i do that the computer will get the first installed programms bu the username?

Re: adding new computer to a domain

Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Are you wanting to add a new computer to the domain using an existing computer name, with a computer account already existing in the domain?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Did you use the "Add Computer Wizard"?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

i want to add a brand new computer to the network and take out the old one.
        i have already username for the old one and i want to use this account for the new one.
        so....under users and computers in ad i see the new computer under "zzz" name and i see the old computer under "aaa" name.
        my problem is that:
        when i logged in in the new computer with the username that exist in the ad. i dont get the defult programms installed like office,accounting program and etc....!!
        but when i enter a new username to the ad and logged in in the old computer i get the defult programs installed.

i made a resrvation in dhcp checked the gpo and i dont know what to do else.....
        ill be glad for some help

Comment

Let me see if I understand you correctly.
          You have an old computer called aaa.
          You have a new computer called zzz.
          You want to remove aaa and replace it with zzz and rename zzz to aaa so you can use it on the network without having to join zzz it to the domain?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by karabungel
            so....under users and computers in ad i see the new computer under "zzz" name and i see the old computer under "aaa" name.
            my problem is that:
            when i logged in in the new computer with the username that exist in the ad. i dont get the defult programms installed like office,accounting program and etc....!!
            but when i enter a new username to the ad and logged in in the old computer i get the defult programs installed.
            Are these programs assigned through group policy? If so move computer "zzz" to the same OU as computer "aaa".
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I didn't get an answer to my "Did you use the Add Computer wizard?" Now have you used the Assign Client Applications wizard?
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
              X