Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 question

Hello,

I have a question. I put in a SBS 2003 server for my brother in law about a year ago. He was not ready to host mail in house when I put in the box. Now he is ready. I did not install MSX during the SBS install. He is not yet running SP1. Has anyone deployed MSX after installing SBS 2003? I will need to use the wizard, I have heard SBS will be FUBAR if you attempt to do it manually. Your help is appreciated.

Mike

Re: SBS 2003 question

AFAIK, as long as you use the setup wizard (insert SBS CD1) you can add components later without problems. Mind you. I've never tried it with Exchange!

As always, make sure you have a good backup first!

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You don't even need to insert the CD1 until asked. In CP, Add/Remove Programs use the SBS item and add the Exchange item.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X