Event 20209 in event viewer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event 20209 in event viewer

hi guys, after fixing this :

I am starting to see event ID 20209 for rasman pop up text reads:

A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client has been established, but the VPN connection cannot be completed. The most common cause for this is that a firewall or router between the VPN server and the VPN client is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) packets (protocol 47). Verify that the firewalls and routers between your VPN server and the Internet allow GRE packets. Make sure the firewalls and routers on the user's network are also configured to allow GRE packets. If the problem persists, have the user contact the Internet service provider (ISP) to determine whether the ISP might be blocking GRE packets.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

this has only started since fixing DNS so I am not convinced the ciso router has suddenly decided to stop passing traffic. remote desktop, vnc viewer and some VPN connections are fine.

do you think I will need to reset the rras service or should i just duck and cover?

Re: Event 20209 in event viewer

Uncle Bob

you could install the Network Monitor under the windows components and run a trace (poor man's sniffer) and look at the packets as explained in;en-us;241251
    Or you could try re-running the CEICW then setting up VPN again in the to-do list.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.