Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i see which user is using ICQ/messenger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i see which user is using ICQ/messenger?

Hi
    I don't know if this is the right forum
    I have SBS2000
    How can i see which user is using ICQ or Messenger?
    Is there any tools to see it?
    Thanks

Re: How can i see which user is using ICQ/messenger?

Upgrade to SBS2003 (Soon to be R2) and you'll be able to see using ISA2004
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Will you give the money
      To buy the upgrade?

Comment

i think it is free but you can ask MS

btw as i recall MS sell the upgrade chip
        Thanks
        Noam Greenberg
        If you want yo can conntact me at

Comment

Unfortunately upgrading from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 does involve some money.

Google for the best local prices.

Also be aware that there are 2 versions of SBS 2003. If you want ISA server you need the more expensive (Premium) version

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

in previous sites I have used surfcontrol. it lets you know the IP's using these apps, and you can choose to block them,

nother option is to do a trawl through the web of the logon servers for these apps and amend the hosts file to point to 127.0.0.1, thus when they try to logon they authenticate to themselves (evil but funny when they ring up and ask why certain things are not working!!) this has the added benefit of being deployable by GP

Comment

Ossian

You gave some misleading info there. There are 2 different SBS 2003 versions but he has 2000 ( which is equivalent to Premium Version) so he just needs the Upgrade ~$600. Otherise you buy a brand new Standard version (~$500) but that is not a move I personally recommend.
              TIA

sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, I knew that SBS2000 was the "premium" version but didnt think about the upgrade implications. All my SBS 2003 experience has been in fresh installs where the client has a choice about which versin to go with.

Tom
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You could use Ethereal to do this. I've done that before and it works well - and it's free.
                  A+, Network+, Security+
                  MCSE+Security on Server 2003

Comment

Ethereal, available here.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If you are using any Windows Server version (including SBS2K or SBS2K3) and you have 2 NICS in your setup, since all traffic must then pass through the server, you could install Network Monitor (one of the Windows Components) and see all traffic going out to the internet. It's free also and doesn't need to add anything external to your TCP/IP stack.
                      TIA

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X